Monday, December 7, 2009

Persist and you are Numero Uno

What a fantastic Sunday morning it was ! Ask any cricket lover, and they would agree. India is the number One test team in the world. Dhoni's devils had a point to prove and boy did they do it in style. I remember reading "The Times of India" on January 1, 2009 in which the sports page read something like this "NEW YEAR RESOLUTION - NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE WORLD." And lo and behold, December 6, 2009, India is the number One.

Persistence was one quality that was most visible in this magnificent team. It took them a whole 12 months to get to number One from number Three. Controversies, Failures, Criticisms and Responsibilities all breathing down their neck and still this team comes out on top. Persistence, once again. Shows you something, doesn't it ? To win, you have to let go of your temporary failures and not fret too much on them. But yes, take the positives out of them. And am no expert in all this. But that is what I feel I should be doing right now. Persist. And surely, victory should come to me soon.

It hurt the past few months when I could see everyone moving up the ladder and I remain stagnant. But then I happened to read a quote stating "Learn that it is not good to compare."  Of course,the Indian team never compared itself to Australia did it ? India was India. And maybe that helped the team scale the summit. Going through such a phase only helped me. It helped me realise my values, my people and what I want to do. Rest assured, no matter how many failures creep up, its time I go kiss the world. Cheers :)

No comments: